Saturday, August 09, 2008

Soquel

When I was a kid, one of the highlights of the summer was going to the Central California SDA Conference Soquel Campmeeting. The conference owns this huge area in this little town about 10 minutes or so from MBA, my beloved old highschool.

Anyways, growing up, it was one of the few places my parents let us just go out and have fun. We ran around with our friends, made new friends and were just free to be kids out and about!

'Til today, my parents go every year, my mom normally staying the full 9-10 days. I haven't been since probably the summer of 1997. THAT was a fun Soquel campmeeting!

Ah...memories...

It was fun introducing the hubby to the "camp"grounds - which consisted of rows and rows of either tents or RV's.

Here's a pic from the top of the mountain:
Here's a row of tents...or two...
The main auditorium was where the meetings were held. Now that I'm an adult, I attended the grown-up services. No Youth tent for me anymore! As you can see, the meetings on the weekends were quite well attended. The first weekend we didn't even get to sit! We made sure we got seats the second weekend.

Part of the reason I also went was to catch up with old friends. It was so nice to see Dulce.
Here's a picture of my family and a childhood friend and his family, Mike and his wife Gemma with their son, Max. Although you may not know Mike, he's an awesome guy, so please keep him in your prayers. This picture was taken a week or so before he was scheduled to report for military duty...notice his wife is about to have a baby in September and his baby boy isn't even two years old! It has to be tough being a military family.

Here's a shot of the inside of one of the tents with my dad and Tatang lounging out front. What is my mom doing? Why assisting in putting the Sabbath potluck together, of course!
Finally, here's a picture of the fam hanging out in front of the tents. Dad, Jun, Hubby and Ang.

If you ever get a chance to attend the campmeeting, go! It was a blessing to fellowship with others and listen to Henry Wright and Doug Batchelor. Can't wait until next year! Maybe we can stay the whole time next time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home