Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Weekend

Well, I had a full and fun weekend! I hope you did, too!

I'm going to start off this post with a picture of my mom at her 60th birthday party. This didn't happen this last weekend, but I thought I'd post it anyways. Doesn't she look great? Love my mama.


So back to the weekend - I went to go visit one of my dearest friends, Dulce! She has been working long and hard at completing her Interior Design degree, and the end is nearing. She is graduating this May, and I am sooo proud of her!

I don't know if I'll be able to attend her graduation, but I was able to go down there for her Senior show. Every year, the Interior Design senior class showcases some of their work. They have a Professionals Night where all the local businesses come to check out the local talent. After that very stressful night, the same show is put on for friends and family.

Here is Dulce's board. Bright green is a very appropriate color for her, for anyone who knows Dulce well.

Here's the proud (almost) graduate.
It was such a fun couple days there, I can't wait to see her again. Hopefully with the hubby.

I had to get back home early because I was attending the wedding of Jerald and Amy. Amy, I haven't known very long, but Jerald, I've known since almost forever. The wedding was beautiful. Pretty flowers, pretty cake, pretty dresses (Amy had two wedding dresses!)...everything was so nice. During the ceremony, I probably saw more people discretely wiping away tears than any other wedding. Probably because when a groom shows such love and emotion for his bride that he's choked up, the audience is usually right there with him. Here are a couple pictures:

Here's a picture of my brother-in-law (a groomsman) and pregnant sister. Aren't they too cute? Although my brother (another groomsman) is tall, he was seeing how many shots he could jump into. I have a couple of him doing just that over the evening. Thanks, Jun!

Here's Rhyan and I at the reception. We hijacked the sweetheart table and were toasting with Jerald and Amy's glasses. Don't worry, we didn't drink out of them...didn't want just-married cooties! =) I have enough of them already!
Finally, here's a shot of the happy couple. They look so happy, and why shouldn't they be? They just got married and are about ready to jet off to Europe to experience it for the first time together.

Aren't they adorable???

1 Comments:

At 4:04 PM , Blogger Kristen said...

Okay so the comment "Here's the happy couple" looked like it went with the picture above the statement. I was like...wow...the happy girl looks a lot like Val! Wait...it is Val! What's going on up there? hee hee. miss you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home