Saturday, June 07, 2008

ROADTRIP!

Well, I wish I had more interesting pictures or something to go along with my account of our roadtrip from Florida to California, but alas, we pretty much just drove! We left late-late Tuesday night and drove as long as we could each day. We weren't able to do much sight seeing on our trip out, and I was so disappointed we weren't able to visit with our friends Kristin & Isaac and Jim and the fam. If I could do it again, I'd give it a week for us to really enjoy the drive...that and a carload less stuff, but hey, we still had fun. It was a great way to reconnect with the husband of mine I hadn't seen in about two months!

Here are some pictures from the trip:

Somewhere on our drive we came upon a lot of smoke...then the fire! I think it was controlled, so that's good.

We looked at maps. A lot! Whether they were big maps or little maps. Maps of the country, of the state we were in or of the county, it felt as if we were looking at them. I think the hubby likes maps. I, personally, am sick of looking at maps.

We saw a lot of pretty scenes throughout the trip. This is one of my favorite pictures of a view. I think we may have been in New Mexico.
Surprise! SNOW! This was in the Flagstaff area of Arizona. This was the hubby's first sighting of snow in years...according to him. Yeah, I was the recipient of his first snowball in years, too! Lovely. I was in flip flops walking through the snow and bit down a canyon walkway! You could definitely tell I was "not from 'round here!"
Our destination was Leoni Meadows - Northern California's SDA Camp. We got there just in time for Filipino Campmeeting! My family faithfully attended every year on Memorial Day weekend. I just hadn't attended since either highschool or college! It was nice to go since all my family - both immediate and extended - were there! Mom, dad, grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles...all there! We were able to catch up on some sleep and hang with the family a bit.

Here's a picture of the hubby bonding with No-Cal nature. Doesn't it look as if they have matching smiles?

Here's the hubby bonding with my cousin's daughter, or as filipinos deem it - my niece! Saturday night , after the programs, there were a lot of games. Of course, there were a lot of spectators. Here's a picture of some of the Patricio clan. It's so nice being around family again!

Anyways, I'm glad I don't have any pictures of the car breaking down or running out of gas. We were blessed driving out that there were no major glitches in our plans to drive across country. We're now here safe and sound!

3 Comments:

At 5:50 PM , Blogger Kristen said...

Hi! Great pics! I think I would be sick of maps too!! Glad you made it safe and hope to see you again soonish. :)

 
At 1:27 PM , Blogger Kristen Gleason said...

Yay! I'm glad you guys made it safe. Ahhh...I have great memories of Leoni Meadows! I bet that was fun!

 
At 12:30 AM , Blogger Shtank said...

I LOVE the picture of Eli with the frog. He soooo looks like he's in his element:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home