Sunday, September 23, 2007

Lost

Does anyone else out there ever feel lost? Right now, I feel lost. And I'm not just talking about losing my way. Have I lost my destination! There have been so many transitions in my life, so many stepping stones...I feel as if I'm constantly trying to find my footing.

Of course, its always difficult to steady the footing when I'm not sure exactly what I'm standing on!

For those of you who are starting to lose my analogy...let me be blunt.

Life feels really hard right now. Too hard. I'm all for challenges. I can stand up to those. I'm determined, I'm stubborn, I can weather the tough times and not give up. But its usually easier to do that when I believe in the results.

Job-wise, am I doing what I'm supposed to be doing? Sometimes I feel as if I'm not. Some of the things I'm feeling I know are natural - being the "new kid" on the block, learning the culture of the job, not having any friends...

It's like going to a new school or something!

But, deeper than that...am I doing what God wants me to do? Am I being too safe and not putting my life out for Him to do what He's planned all along to do? Or am I being a baby and not wanting to accept how my life is seeming to lay out?

Does this make sense to anyone??? Oh, well...

3 Comments:

At 4:29 AM , Blogger anglouise said...

I recognize those feelings...all I can say is follow your heart. If you feel like you'd be happier doing something else explore the possibilities. Life is too short to say "I wish I would have..." at the end of it.

 
At 10:40 PM , Blogger Kristen said...

I'm sorry that things are stressful at "school." Maybe it's like being a Freshman. Once you survive the first few months it gets easier??? Let me know if you need some extra butterscotch cookies! :)

 
At 12:35 PM , Blogger Mellie said...

I feel you. You are going through a ton of changes, and even though I can't relate to the job change, I think there's the change of being a newly married woman. I never thought anything would be different, but something is and I can't always put my finger on it. I seem to be very contemplative about life lately and where I am supposed to be and what I am supposed to be doing. My sister-in-law says it's probably some of the let down of not having a wedding to plan anymore after being so focused on it for a year. Maybe I'm totally off, but that's my two cents.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home