Tuesday, July 10, 2007

VH1's World Series of Pop Culture Tournament

I love pop culture, tv, movies, music, etc. I love to read celebrity gossip and look at the latest red carpet fashions. I am a movie buff, though I'm not a lover of scary movies. The husband marvels at how I can associate the extra on a movie with a tv commercial I saw a month ago!

Of course, I never thought knowing that type of useless knowledge could be beneficial...until now!

Last year, I discovered, towards the end of the tournament, VH1's World Series of Pop Culture. Teams of three square off one on one. One player from each team goes up against a player from the opposing team and answer questions from a category. The winner of the tournament comes away with the title of champion and $250,000.

Categories I've seen have been about Seinfeld, '80s songs, Quentin Tarantino movies, and movie/tv awards. I absolutely LOVE this tournament and was pleasantly surprised that my DVR automatically picked it up for my viewing pleasure!!!

Check it out sometime!

1 Comments:

At 9:29 AM , Blogger Kristen said...

We should sign up for next year! Though I would not do very well. Except for questions about True Lies. ;) I bet we could come up with a great name though!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home