Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Movie Review - War

So, I have a good friend who seems to love movies more than I do! He used to give us his reviews verbally, but now that we don't see him everyday, he's taken to emailing his reviews out to a select few.

I really value his reviews and take them into consideration whenever I'm considering the movie. My friend likes a lot of action and does not do chick-flicks or childrens' movies (unless I can get him to attend with me). He also does not prefer period movies, but that depends on the content. I persuaded him to allow me to post his reviews on my blog because I thought they were really good, so, here goes!

His ratings scale is 0 - *** with 0 being the worst rating and ***.

More specifically:

*** See it.
** Rent it.
* Download it off the net.

He's not really telling you to download it off the net, but still, * isn't much better than not seeing it at all.

Anyways, here's the review for "War."



"You really can't go wrong with a film that features guns and martial arts! The film is basically about an FBI agent (played by Jason Statham) who is searching for an elusive assassin (played by Jet Li). The film was okay. There was lots of gun violence and some graphic kill scenes. The martial arts scenes were a bit of a disappointment. They weren't very inventive and there weren't that many scenes. I was expecting more since the martial choreographer is very well-known. There were a couple of plot twists. One of the plot twists, I figured out pretty quickly, the other one came as a surprise. Overall a **. "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home