Sunday, July 16, 2006

Weekend!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend! I'm actually have a very nice weekend! Friday night was a long practice for singing on Sabbath, but it was all worth it.

Saturday afternoon we went canoeing and ended up at Wekiva Springs before canoeing back. It was definitely a scorcher of a day...i honestly felt as if the sun was literally trying to BAKE us! Anyways, I forgot my camera at home so I'm sad I didn't get to take pictures of all the people who made it out there. We brought seven of our own canoes hoping that we would have enough for three to a canoe, and lo and behold...we ended up having to rent 14 more canoes!!! What an awesome turn out.

Needless to say, I missed out on a lot of good pictures...like the alligators, the drunk canoers...and just a bunch of friends hanging out and getting splashed while maneuvering their canoes around fallen trees. I think the bf and I got stuck on at least four or five trees that had fallen in the water so you could only see two small branches sticking out of the water.

But as much as I wish I had my camera, I'm pretty darn sure it was a good thing to leave it at home. The bf had borrowed my phone to call a friend and forgot he had it in his pocket...therefore him jumping in the river resulted in Valerie being left cell phone-less. That's okay because I lost his glasses somewhere either at the springs or on the ground somewhere. Who knows what would've happened to the camera!

So...we're even =)

If you want to contact me, email me! or call the bf. I'll post when I get a new phone. =)

Hope everyone had a good weekend!!!

3 Comments:

At 6:06 PM , Blogger Kristen said...

Hope you get a new phone soon! At least I know where to find you most of this week!

 
At 11:02 PM , Blogger Todd said...

Gators are cool! In fact, I saw one wearing glasses and talking on a cell phone, it's CRAZY!

 
At 6:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about you and Eli's losses. I would be traumatized, cause you lose all the information in the phone and eye exams and getting new glasses is never fun, either. I miss you guys! I probably won't be back till this weekend:( I figured I'd be back by Wednesday, but that's not the case:(

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home