Saturday, July 22, 2006

Slicage of the eyeballs...

I'm getting lasik...how freaky is that???

Yesterday I went for my consultation. They measured my eye...did the whole, "which one is clear-er...number 1...or number 2???" They numbed my eyeball...TWICE...so they could poke and prod.

I don't know about you, but I've never had my eyeballs numbed before, and let me tell you, it is a really weird feeling! Then they dialated me so of course the whole focusing on things in close proximity just wasn't working.

All in all, it was a very odd afternoon. And next Friday, I'm going in for the procedures! I'm pretty darn blind with pretty bad stigmatism, so who knows what's going to happen (like I have to go back in for an adjustment).

I'll be sure to let you know!

2 Comments:

At 4:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Val,

I had it done a few years ago. I am sooo happy with it. Although the actual procedure is a bit wierd. You do go blind for a second or so. But I was recovered enough to watch television 6 hours after. Congrats.

 
At 12:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val:

Yikes! That must be kind of scary. I know many people swear by the procedure. I guess I'm still a bit wary by it. I hear the procedure is not permanent and you eyes may change in a couple of years. Let us know how it goes!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home