Friday, June 24, 2005

Happy Friday!

I just was sitting in in the silence of our office on this Friday afternoon, and I just thought I'd post a little something...

.......so...how's it going?

yeah, you can see the extent of my Friday afternoon brain activity. it amazes me how much my brain can shut down on Friday afternoon. that's how its always been. historically, i have been more willing to be productive Sunday afternoon, heck, even Saturday night, then on a Friday afternoon. i have never been in an environment that has required me to have productive Friday afternoons. having never been OUTSIDE the SDA institution, i have always been given the Friday "off" for Sabbath preparation. You know, grocery shopping, household cleaning, etc.

Elementary school got out at 12:15 pm, highschool...don't remember much about it anymore, but it was around 2pm, probably. Same thing with college. did we even have any classes scheduled for 2pm on Friday? the latest I remember having a class on a Friday afternoon was at 1pm, and we were considered unlucky in scheduling.

and now...i'm working. for an SDA organization, though. my department's "usual" time to leave on Friday afternoon is around 3pm. Some others leave earlier than us even! Its kinda funny because we have non-SDA companies that sometimes come to work in our office, and we make them leave earlier on Fridays because that would mean us permitting them to work on the Sabbath. For them, it was a whole new concept considering they regularly work 50+ hours a week.

my mind has never been continually challenged on Friday afternoon. I blame on lack of Friday afternoon productivity and concentration on my 27 years of environment. Its not my fault my brain shuts down. really, its not.

...T-minus 1 hour and 21 minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home