Friday, June 10, 2005

Birthday Eve

This year, on my birthday eve, I decided that I wanted to be awake to watch my skin start to wrinkle, joints stiffen, and hair start to turn grey at the stroke of midnight. In order to do that, we went out and spent the evening watching "Hostage" on the $1 theater screen, drove around town a little bit, then spent the remaining hours at Super Walmart. I think someone actually thought I was a little tipsy considering I was soooo tired, I had a glazed look about me, and I was just throwing things in the cart, when I wasn't sitting in it, or course. Needless to say, this morning, I was looking through my bag thinking, "oh, yeah...I remember vaguely wanting that..." or "yeah, gotta return that!"

Afterwards, we went to Steak 'n Shake which I found out was 24 hours (5 years in orlando, i didn't know!) and celebrated my birthday over some chili cheese fries. mmm...we asked if they had a candle to put in my fries, but they didn't...

all in all, it was very nice to be sitting in the car having "Happy Birthday" sung to me over the fries at 12:10 am. Something that's never happened to me before. Now I'm looking forward to seeing friends over Indian food tonight. yummy! :)

Until later! :)

3 Comments:

At 11:15 PM , Blogger Valerie said...

well, this mofo had Kohinoor Indian food for dinner...what did you have, you big pumpcake???

(its been a while, did i use 'pumpcake' in the right context? guy...i'm getting old...)

 
At 7:19 PM , Blogger m said...

mofos? pumpcakes? you crazy kids. happy birthday, val!! kohinoor... good choice!

 
At 10:40 PM , Blogger Valerie said...

Valerie - I didn't see this comment until now (7/29).

I don't believe I have any relatives in San Antonio. Most of mine are in Northern California.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home