Friday, May 05, 2006

Bye-bye, Highschool!

...so I ws thinking that I'm over highschool. Good thing, too, since I left highschool 10 years ago.

While in highschool, I was DETERMINED not to be the creepy alumnus who couldn't let go of the past and who constantly found themself back at MBA...so, with that being said, I think I went back maybe three times in the last 10 years...would've been less, but i think my brother would've killed me if I didn't go to his graduation.

So i realized that i left MBA and never really looked back. I moved on, but I didn't necessarily close the door on MBA...i never closed the door on my life there. To me, highschool lived on because so many things started and happened there. I met lifelong friends there, I dated seriously for the first time, I started forming my own opinions and way of thinking. A lot of ME started there.

Going back for our 10-year really opened my eyes. The last 10 years flew by, now that I think about it, but when I stepped onto that campus, it was as if I was 17 again. Of course I wasn't, so I was forced to start ending the chapters of my life that started there. I had to recognize that I wasn't the same person I was when I was there. My world felt upside down since things that seemed so interesting, people who I thought the world of, people who I DIDN'T think much of...they changed, in my eyes. Things that were soooo important back then, well, in the whole scheme of things, really weren't...

Leaving the campus, I was sad. 10 years ago, I was an excited ex-highschool- senior-soon-to-be-college freshman. Leaving the campus was like going out to see what all I was going to be! Going back to the campus was assessing where I've been since leaving. I wasn't sad at how my life unfolded these past 10 years, I wouldn't have given those years up for anything...

...what I was sad about, I honestly can't really pinpoint. The friends, the times, the activities on that campus will make up the most eventful and meaningful two-year span in my life. I'm so thankful that it happened and would live them over in a heartbeat.

So, thank you, MBA, my lovely friends, the beach, bluff, ex-boyfriends, dorm, cafeteria, classes, teachers...

Thank You!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home