Sunday, April 02, 2006

Fruitloop Jewelry

Yesterday we volunteered at the Luis Palau Festival that is actually still going on today. Its a really cool Christian festival aimed towards bringing children and adults to Christ. These festivals are put on all over the U.S., and I believe has visited several other countries.

The festival offers tons of free activities to kids, concerts featuring popular Christian bands, and shows such as the one we saw yesterday: BMX, skateboard and motorcross motorcycles. Everything there was free except for the food...and let me tell you, they had all the festival/carnival food one could ask for.

I spent most of my time in the kids area. They had face painting, crafts, temporary tatoos, a bunch of the air-blown-up play thingys, and a whole kids/sports area where kids were lining up to kick soccer goals, catch footballs, shoot hoops...it was cool. I was in the fruitloop necklace booth. I oversaw hundreds of kids string fruitloops into necklaces and bracelets..

At every program, kids, young adults and adults, they did an alter call. I believe that many people were drawn in by being shown that being a Christian wasn't all boring, preachy and churchy. I'm glad I was able to be a part of it.

I'll post pictures when I get a new compact flashcard reader...mine is taking up residence in California now.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home