Saturday, February 11, 2006

Mental Vacation

I've realized that I haven't posted on my blog for a week, and I haven't posted pictures in quite a long time. I've racked my brain and have searched each day for something blog-worthy, not that things really have to be worthy of a blog, which is the beauty of it all, I suppose.

Yet...I haven't found anything I felt I could write about. This morning, I was talking on the phone, and I found myself saying, "Oh, I'm okay...I just sort of feel dead inside."

I feel like I've been able to function each day (other than the day I found my car keys locked inside my car in the ignition at the end of the day when i was so ready to go home), I haven't been depressed...or happy...or anything!

I haven't been anything...just living day to day, moment to moment, no thoughts or feelings about anything...just, blah.

I think I've grown tired of having feelings and emotions, therefore this week, I actually believe my body decided, without me actually decid-ing, not...to...FEEL!

Is that possible? I've read it in book, you know, when they describe someone as unfeeling. I never understood that, but now I feel as if I was unfeeling this week. I was empathetic like hell this week, and there was one time, Tuesday night, when I did have a show of emotion, but it was there and gone again in an instant...and its sort of like I just remember having it, not what I was feeling.

So, there you have it, folks. I've officially burned off all my emotion senses. Like you burn your tongue on something and can't taste anything for a while! You still eat, but you're not really getting to savor anything...

But here's the slight twist to this entry...I LIKE IT! I'm actually enjoying my mental vacation, emotion hiatus, whatever you want to call it. I'm quite satisfied being unemotional. It sure makes life easy.

I'll keep you posted on how life lived like this works out.

=)

2 Comments:

At 4:18 PM , Blogger Todd said...

As long as you promise to come back from your vacation, I think everything will be grand! Enjoy your holiday!

 
At 9:10 PM , Blogger m said...

i agree, sometimes it actually feels nice to not feel at all. i think i got an extra batch of feelings at birth and it drives me insane. but i think u should still blog. tell us what the deadness is like...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home