Saturday, January 21, 2006

Patience

I've always prided myself in my ability to be patient. It's been the thing that has kept me feeling in the right sometimes. For instance, if I finally give up on something, I'll justify myself by saying, "well, I gave it a chance, I was patient...its not my fault it didn't work out."

Today, I read a quote that has really opened my eyes:

"Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice." ~ George Jackson ~

I wonder how many times I've been a coward in my lifetime claiming that I was just trying to be patient. I'll have to work on this.

2 Comments:

At 3:44 PM , Blogger Kristen said...

Wow. What a brilliant quote! That was very interesting. Thanks :)

 
At 6:45 PM , Blogger m said...

that *is* interesting. on one hand patience is a virtue... on the other hand too much of it is likened to being a coward. i guess it's like most things in life... there is a balance. but figuring out the right balance can be such a bitch.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home