Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Self Betterment

It's the start of a new year, and I've already heard several references to what friends and family want to do differently this year. Eat better, exercise more, be better with their devotionals, spend more time with those they love...

I have a friend whose mom is in the hospital right now with chest pains. She has something (a pretty long name that I wouldn't be able to give to you at the moment...other than "mio"...which is somewhere in the middle of the word) where a vein of her heart developed within the heart, so, now that she's getting up in her years, its harder for her vein to not get all squished down everytime her heart beats.

(Please keep in mind, I have a degree in accounting for goodness sakes...)

My friend is obviously concerned, but she doesn't seem all torn up about it, so I think it's going to be okay. They don't know if they're going to have to operate quite yet.

Anyways, this time of year always makes me yearn for home, family, California, etc. Hearing about what my friend is going through really struck me. I am blessed that my parents are taking care of themselves, though time can't be stopped no matter what you do.

My goal this year is to reevaluate what is important in my life. And when I come up with something, I want to do something about it. REALLY.

So, if it's telling a friend that they're appreciated, spending more time (somehow) with family, taking steps toward doing something I want to be doing...SO BE IT!

There...I've made my declaration...we'll see what happens. =)

Oh...and I want to learn to play the guitar and learn more things...but since I'm busy at the moment, I'll just pop onto this website every once in a while. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home