Saturday, December 31, 2005

2006 - Year of the Dog

Year of the dog...at least according to the Chinese.

This week has been quite the whirlwind of activity. Christmas Day, last Sunday was truly our only day to relax. Being that our family gets together on Christmas Eve, our nurses in the family (including mom and sister) all work Christmas Day, thus receiving the best of both worlds: the ability to spend Christmas with their family (Eve), and the ability to work for double time and a half (Day). Sooo lucky!

So, Eli and I spent the day napping, on the computer, or catching up on movies from my brother's DVD library that we had not already seen. Awww, yeah, baby. :) We watched "Rat Race," "Alien vs. Predator" and Hilary Duff's "Raise Your Voice."

Monday was spent doing some shopping, then we red-eyed it back here to Orlando. Let me tell you, I don't know where it came from, but sleep was my sweet friend between Monday and Wednesday. I slept pretty much all the way on our direct flight from San Francisco to Orlando, and once home, I slept from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm, got up and found some food for my growling stomach, then slept again from 7:00 pm Tuesday night to 7:00 am Wednesday morning. That, my friends, is how you tackle jet lat. :)

Wednesday and Thursday were spent working, Friday, the same...though I was able to walk into the office in jeans, which was nice.

I can't believe its New Year's Eve tonight! I'll be posting pictures detailing our evening. We somehow got the great idea of the theme of our evening to be "Dressing Up...Gone Terribly Wrong." or something along the lines. =) I'll post pictures tomorrow.

Everyone have a great New Year's Eve!!!

2 Comments:

At 3:10 PM , Blogger m said...

umm... yes... i believe the party theme is 'bad prom night' and i've been dying to have a bad prom night party forever and ever and i'm insanely jealous that you are gonna do it. can't wait to see pics. have a fantabulous new year's!

 
At 6:55 PM , Blogger Todd said...

All I have to say is that if I could find the leisure suit that would've rocked, but since it didn't make the move with my parents...sigh, I shall do my best otherwise! Yeah baby, yeah! (Ferris Bueller is my idol!)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home