Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Chicago

This last weekend, the bf and I flew up to Chicago for his brother's wedding. We sure packed the weekend full of activities. Friday night we flew up to Chicago which is one hour behind Florida. Once there, we got in our rental car and drove to Berrien Springs, MI, home of our prestigious Andrews University...which, could you believe it, is on eastern standard time. I have never flown to another time zone, then driven back to my original time zone on the same day. Weird feeling that was...

Anyways, I have never seen the Andrews campus but thought it was very nice. In a way I wouldn't mind living in a small town, but we could revisit that thought on another posting.

Eliasib's young cousin got baptized at the Pioneer Memorial Church. It was pretty big, and although I hadn't met Eliasib's family before the baptism, it was still nice to be a part of the experience.


Saturday night, I met up with Cristina. It was SOO nice to see her. We went and saw the most recent "Pride & Prejudice," and I must admit, I'm still a total sap for guys that can express their feelings to the woman that they love. When a man lets down his guard and puts himself out there, well, you just can't help but just turn into putty.


Sunday was the wedding. I can't say its the most fun thing to travel out of state to a wedding in which everyone you know is in the wedding. However, it was really a beautiful ceremony and reception. Carrie, the newest member of the Ruban family, was absolutely stunning, and Ruben, the bf's brosky, couldn't stop smiling.

As for my enjoyment, the bf looked pretty darn good all gussied up. I got more than one comment on how well he cleaned up. :) Hint to guys... girls don't want a guy that spends more time primping than they do, but darn it all, we sure appreciate a good looking, well dressed man.

Oh, here's Eliasib going over his best-man speech. You see that paper he's reading? I put it together. Yiiiiiiip! Yours truely researched all the aspects of the best man toast, and let me tell ya, he delivered it well! Everyone laughed and "awww-ed" when they were supposed to. Dang it, I should be a speech writer!!! Just kidding, it was all in the delivery...though I'm still secretly very pleased with my small part in the matter :)).


All in all, it was a really great weekend. Carrie, Ruben, 'may you look back on this day and remember it as the day you loved each other the least.'

Congrats!

(paraphrased the above quote from something I found while researching Eliasib's toast...dang, I found good stuff, huh?!?!?!)

1 Comments:

At 12:07 AM , Blogger Kristen said...

That's Eli? I almost didn't recognize him! Hee Hee. You guys both look like you had a great time :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home