Thursday, August 11, 2005

Comics, not necessarily of the funny sort...

I love reading my comics. One of the ones I like to read is "For Better or For Worse." Unlike a lot of other comics, the family in this strip actually grows up, graduates from highschool, goes to college, etc. They deal with a lot of issues. The mom has a store and had to deal with a girl that was lying and stealing from her.

This last issue, though, kinda surprised me. The oldest daughter is home for the summer working for a friend, and a guy at the company has taken to stalking her. Today's strip actually finds them 'alone' and he's assualting her.

Its definitely not something I would've expected to see in a comic, but its a place a lot of kids go to. Maybe this strip will help someone reading it. Read the comic here if you like.

At least it looks like she has a rescuer. Can't wait to see who it is tomorrow. Comic Soaps...

2 Comments:

At 8:54 PM , Blogger Todd said...

Okay, I'll say it. I like my funnies to be....funny. I like "Dilbert" and "Garfield" and "Foxtrot" because they make me laugh. Sometimes a more serious topic will come accross (say in "Doonesbury" with the combat wounded vet) but it's always ended on an amusing note. This strip was...well, disturbing. I mean, I know this happens, but when I read the paper, I expect to read about it in the news area, not in the area I go to get AWAY from the depression that is usually the news.....ay Maria!

 
At 3:36 AM , Blogger Valerie said...

Yes, i know what you mean...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home