Saturday, July 30, 2005

Happy Birthday, Kristin!!!

Today is Kristin's birthday!!! Happy Birthday Kristin! So, for the momentous turning-of-the-1/4-century birthday, we treated the birthday girl to the traditional 25th birthday party: Go Karts and Za-Bistro!

Only half of us were able to make it to the pre-dinner activity, the go karts. Kristin, Roger, Kevin, Eliasib and I show up at "Lil 500" go karts. There are three tiny tracks that span the area of 1/2 a football field. The biggest track designated for the "little ones." So we turn our eyes to the other two. The first track's claim to fame? A little hill. The second track, well, we'll get to that.

Roger snaps the pictures while Kevin, Kristin, Eli and I climb into our karts. We have the track to ourselves. Eli is the first out the gate followed by me, Kristin, then Kevin. With only a couple whip-lashes and a few choice words, we emerged in four pieces (among the four of us, of course).

On to track 2. Roger waits this one out, so its the four of us again...this track is tiny, but we thoroughly were impressed. See, they had put faster engines in the karts and did something to the two turns so we could actually make the turns in a manner that delighted the speed demons of the bunch. Let's just say it got a bit more competitive with the sign "Do not bump the karts" NOT being heeded and the requirement of the "pit crew" to come dislodge most of us at least once. Roger joined in the second round, while I took pictures...boy I'm glad I ducked out that last round...Kristin held her own and was given a victory lap with the checkered flag.

The rest of the bunch came out afterwards for dinner, and we then all ended up at Annette and Amy's for cake and Tim Tams (for the Tim Tam Slam, of course). I didn't think to take a picture of a 'slam' until we were all sugared up. Another time.

Here are a couple pictures! Happy Birthday, Kristin!!!!!



Birthday girl gets a victory lap!!!

Posted by Val

3 Comments:

At 11:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

SWEET!! I TOTALLY enjoyed Kristin's birthday celebration!! The go carts rocked the Kasbah!!!! I would go again - ANYTIME!! It was a great excuse to speed with diregard and get into trouble with no consequences. I suppose I'd be in trouble if Kristen were there. . .BUT SHE WASN'T, so I could cause as much trouble as I wanted! I feel bad for you guys! J/K:)
Happy Birthday, Kristin! We ought to go out and do more stuff as a big group like that. Thank you all for being such great folks:)

 
At 12:45 PM , Blogger Kristen said...

Whatever. You know I would have beaten you on the go carts Kevin! :) I'm speedy like that. Sorry I missed the fun, but I'm glad Kristin had a great birthday party!

 
At 12:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whatever, dudet!! I'm a speed demon!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home