Thursday, July 21, 2005

You guys are so cool...

I love that the most responses I have ever gotten on a post is regarding gum...:)

By the way, as a result of this post, I know I will never remain gumless, and some soul searching was done.

Mandy was right in her questions about whether this has to do with other things. Yes, it does, and perhaps someday I'll tell you all about it. :)

In the mean time, the debate on how to view and treat members of the opposite sex rages on. Its established that no one (not just guys) are mind readers.

.....but you know...it sooo depends on the person. I mean, sometimes I look around and wonder why I'm either not dating or the relationship isn't as good as I think it should be and wonder if it was me!

this may sound bad, but the other day i was wedding dress shopping (stop freaking out, it wasn't for me but with my newly engaged friend Kristin), and at David's Bridal, the oddest looking girl was in line to be catered to by the DB staff...she was about to be married, and, to be honest, she looked like the poster child for Extreme Makeover. Now, i'm sure she was a very nice girl, but seriously, i couldn't get over the fact that she was getting married, and i wasn't!

i know, i'm a terrible person, but when you look around and it seems as if everyone's life is, well, better than yours, you start wondering what's up!?!?!?!

then, i consoled myself with the thought that her man was possibly *ick*, so I got over it. :)

On a side note, have I mentioned that I'm going to be spending a week in Hawaii next month??? I haven't looked forward to something in such a long time...its an awesome feeling. :)

tGiT!!!!!

4 Comments:

At 7:42 PM , Blogger m said...

you're not terrible. you are terribly normal. somehow we girls have been programmed to think that marriage is the ultimate proof of our self-worth. but if we think about it, marriage in and of itself is not our goal, loving and being loved is. and there is nothing wrong with that. and there is nothing wrong with questioning if we are experiencing the love we want - as long we are willing to give that kind of love in return.

 
At 4:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to be annoying, but it is I, Kristin (not Kristen) who is engaged. Sorry, it usually doesn't bother me that much. But I've had like five people spell my name wrong today.

 
At 10:34 PM , Blogger Valerie said...

Sorry! I fixed the name mess up...and usually i'm so very careful!

 
At 12:42 PM , Blogger Kristen said...

Thanks for rubbing that one in Kristin :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home