Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Male insight requested

The comment was made in response to my previous post that men cannot be expected to read minds. A fact that I have whole-heartedly come to believe after dating men such as my current.

But let me ask you this, a man doesn't want a bossy or spoiled woman, does he?

There's a difference with conveying to a man your likes and dislikes, your tendencies and such... but when does a man start thinking for himself? Should a woman always have to encounter a situation as if it was the first of its kind that the couple has come upon?

Where's the line drawn, people???

Just wondering...

2 Comments:

At 8:16 PM , Blogger Todd said...

Well okay, since I brought it up in the first place, I guess I'll just have to go ahead and weigh in.

Now, in the post after this one, you're right, neither sex is able to read minds. I was going for something different, a combination of what Jim said (if I'm already chewing gum I just forget about it) and also that guys are often oblivious to the subtle signals that women use to communicate with each other.

Women are, by nature, much better communicators. You think in the abstract, you use body language to accentuate everything you say on a level inconceivable to males. The problem is, when you try and communicate with a guy the same way you would a girl friend, don't be surprised at a dazed expression.

Guys, on average, tend to be fairly concrete thinkers. Everything is more absolute, if you will. Yes = Yes, No = No. We don't have the shades of gray that you do. That being said, I think it's these distinct differences that make us like each other so much.

So no, guys aren't stupid per se, we just think differently. For me, I try and be as considerate as possible at all times, but I do make mistakes. (Heck, we all make mistakes.)

Okay, so now that I've had to conversations at once, I'm going to stop. Just remember, guys tend to be more black and white, you ladies have all sorts of grey shades (which, by the way, is really cool).

 
At 11:01 PM , Blogger Valerie said...

wow!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home