Sunday, September 11, 2005

My fridge & a happy Valerie (because now I can go home)



Yeah...I spent the majority of my Sunday going from store to store, looking at fridge after fridge, washer after washer, and dryer after dryer.

Yup...that's what i spent my time today doing. Shopping for household appliances.

And I sorta feel guilty.

Its September 11 today, people have lost their homes and LIVES in the last couple weeks...and what am I doing? I'm debating whether I want a refridgerator that dispenses water and ice, and a washer that is front load or top load.

During the sermon this last Sabbath, the pastor was talking about going out there and changing the world (pretty much). He talked about being remembered for doing something for others and for God. He went on and on about how we COULD live our lives, going to work, doing things to buy stuff that don't really matter in the end.

...well... i am not quoting the pastor, but maybe that's what I heard in my head. Okay... it IS what i heard in my head. I mean, I was actually feeling guilty for having a job, making money, wanting to buy a house and save up some money. Should i feel guilty??? Should I be wanting to go out there, sell all my possessions and live my life fixing the world?

What should I do? What would God want me to do?

1 Comments:

At 4:19 PM , Blogger Todd said...

By my way of thinking we help people in need, but often it is just one person at a time. It might be a financial need, a hunger need, or the someone might just need to talk. The point is to allow yourself to be open to the possibility of helping the person next to you since hey, maybe you do make more money than they do and are able to help. If you can be open to helping the individual, you'll find that God will begin to send a plethera of them into your life. Someday, maybe 30, 40, or 80 years from now, sort of like the Ray Boltz song Thank You, you'll look back and realize that you did help people, perhaps some of them you didn't even know.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home