Friday, April 15, 2005

Change

I was sent a link to this website and I thought it was very interesting. On this site, this family decided back in 1976 to take a picture of each of the family members on the same day of each year, June 17th. The website shows the family members' pictures from 1976 to 2004. I can't wait to go to the site this year to see how the family changed. See Family Photos

My coworkers and I were looking at the pictures and absolutely marveled at the changes we saw. We watched the three boys from birth to where they are now, in their 20's. They decided not to smile, maybe for the same reason I heard they don't want you to smile on your driver's license - supposedly you look different when you smile, and they wanted to be consistent...I dunno.

Anyways, I think I want to start doing this, too. Maybe on my birthday or something I'll start taking pictures of me to see how I've grown. And instead of just one picture, maybe i'll take several pictures showing my current life at that snapshot of time...like who my close friends are, where I live, what I enjoy doing...I think that would be fun to see as I grow older....

...like the new quarters coming out. You know how they try to embody the essence of each state on the back of one quarter by showing the one or three things that make you think, "oh, yeah...that's [insert state name here] all right..." . Maybe I could try to do that type of picture on my birthday each year...like, this year, 2005, I could take a picture of me, dressed in a suit, in front of my new house with Eli and Kristin and Kristen...while in 1998 I could've taken a picture of me, Stacey (Siccama) Moya and PUC people on a blanket on the PUC elementary field holding a frisbee... or in 2000, it would've been me and Casey Leach sitting in my car at In 'N Out Burger in Napa...

anyways, I think you get the picture.

For me, I don't mind change. I would feel like I wasn't doing anything if I looked back a year or two and saw my life absolutely the same.

We were sitting around my table last week discussing the future, and one of my friends seemed not excited (to say the least) about the future because, in his mind, he looks at a lot of adults (our parent's age) and sees them as boring...even if they didn't know they were boring! Being one to enjoy looking to the future, I took a bit of an offense to that statement. I, personally, don't envision my future to be boring. The future WILL come, and I am looking forward to a lot of things in my future. Yes, my life will change, but you know... its going to change anyways, why not look forward to the challenge of changing it how you want to?

You want to travel? TRAVEL!

You don't want to be tied down to a menial job? DON'T!

Do what you want to do... but DO IT!

Eli and my friend are in the other room discussing the changes they have seen in themselves since turning 30 (well, Tony's turning 30 on Thursday)... I think I'll go have a listen at the door.

Happy Sabbath everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home